Wednesday 20 February 2008

It's oh so quiet...

I haven't been placing many bets over the past few days, hence the reason for the quiet blog. Most of my spare time has been spent collecting and collating results for my place system and it's been a very slow process, however things are slowly starting to take shape and I now have some ideas for what I need to be looking for with my place selections. Obviously I need to collect lots more data...at least a years worth, if not 2, so it's going to be a slow process. But it's a learning process and hopefully an insightful one.

With regards to placing bets, it's been fairly quiet, i've had a few losers and winners but it's left me in profit of 97p. I have got another horse running later this evening so i'll update that either later on or tomorrow morning. Aswell as this i've tried my hand at trading on a football match and am currently showing profit for each outcome - how much depends on who wins, but i'll be sure to update this once the match is over. Just to clarify this is nothing to do with system 2 so i'll add it to my normal total. As for system 2, I just haven't had the time for it over the past week or so, but i'll pick it up as and when the time is right.

Hope your betting is prosperous!

EDIT: Just a quick update of this evening's results - my first trading venture brought me a profit of £1.83 and my place system brought me a further profit of £1.11, so i'm pleased with tonight's endeavours.

Daily profit: +£3.91
Total profit: +£37.17

System 2 0 / total +£1.19

PMS 0 / total +£13.32

2 comments:

David Laing said...

I'm enjoying following your progress, but am having difficulty quantifying how good a 0.97p profit is :)

Could you perhaps also post profit % for the day (profit / amount bet), or give us an idea of your stake sizes?

Thanks

David!

The 20k Challenge said...

Hi David - just to clarify, i'm using stakes of £2.50 for my place system. It's a system that i've designed that's currently a work in progress so i'm continuously trying to refine it...at the moment any profit that it makes I regard as a success as I have never designed a system before, so it indicates to me that i'm on the right track.

You may have noticed that i've scaled my ambitions back a bit since the start of the blog where I was aiming to make £10 per day - I didn't like the emotional attachment I felt when I hit a long losing run which sometimes ended in me taking a loss (I seem to think £160 was my largest) so I didn't completely destroy my bank. So at the moment i'm looking for options that bring more winners even if they are much smaller, idealy i'd like to find a system that brings a consistent profit - even if it did increase my bank by just 1% per day - as over the long term it could be very profitable.

I hope that helps clarify things for you a bit. I'm always open to criticism/new ideas - like I said i'm new to all of this, so any help along the way is accepted greatfully (even if I do seem to get slightly over excited about 97p :) ).

Thanks

Miss 20k